geneMAP™ 2019-nCoV (SARS-CoV-2) Detection Kit (nCoV-RT100)
- Superior Analytical Sensitivity and specificity
- Fast and Easy to Use with One Step Multiplex Realtime PCR Technology
- Contamination Preventing System (UDG)
- Targeted RdRP and N gene (FAM&CY5)
- Compatible with FAM, VIC/HEX, CY5 three Colors Real-Time PCR Instruments
Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses found in both animals and humans. Some infect people and are known to cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS). A novel coronavirus (nCoV) is a new strain of coronavirus that has not been previously identified in humans. The new, or “novel” coronavirus, now called COVID-19, had not previously detected before the outbreak was reported in Wuhan, China in December 2019.
Assay PCR target gene regions are RbRP and N genes.